Monday, October 31, 2011

Anew

Time seems so short when everything is right.
The world whirls by in a daze,
Spinning so fast clarity is an illusion.

Embracing this is redemption.
Knowledge gained and lost and gained once more,
I will hold onto life with my frail fingers -
To forget is to fall.

Fighting to make our own destiny,
The hope we hold within our hearts
Reminds us that happiness lies within.


New beginnings are what we make of it. The depression and anger follows from expectations that are too high to be lived up to. Life isn't perfect. I trip, I stumble, I fall. The ones that are there to pick you up make the imperfections fade. And even when you're left to pick yourself up, the strength you show within yourself should be enough to carry on.

After all, what's the point of living if all you accept is disappointment? Dwelling on this only makes it so much worse. I needed to remind myself of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment