Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Acceptance

I haven't posted these past few days, but I've written each one, so I haven't broken my promise to myself. It's been a hectic past few days, with things such as hectic work hours and my mother's birthday. I wrote this one a few nights back, and in place of me originally planning on posting my other poems. I -need- to post this one. A few days ago I had an epiphany. A calm acceptance of my circumstances that left me laughing at the fact I know could -let go- and had learned all that I could. It has been a turbulent few months, and now I can relish in the calm after the storm.






So here is my peace (and yes that spelling is intentional.)



-------------------------------------------------



There is a place,
Where nothing but silence reigns.
Here, where no else dare tread, she finds her peace.
Embracing the love she once had,
She lets go,
Gifting the unnatural silences with her memories.
Mistakes made by both,
Accepted by neither,
Change the surroundings from foreboding and angry,
Tear-stained and regretful,
To tranquil and comforting
At last.
For now she is at home in the place
Where nothing but silence reigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment